Thursday, March 4, 2010

Laura: New Modifications

160 lbs

To address the concerns of those who think I might die on this diet, and in light of recent events, I have made the following modifications:

1. The addition of more protein (eggs, chicken, fish)
2. The addition of a daily work out
3. A daily meal schedule (3 meals a day, one snack in the evening at consistent times)
4. The addition of multivitamins
5. The addition of skim milk in coffee (to increase dairy intake)

Cheating is reserved for special occasions. Mind you, cheating now means eating a sandwich, munching on a carbohydrate, or drinking a glass of soda. Cheating does not entail eating a cheeseburger or a piece of pizza or things of that nature. And special occasions means special occasions, not "Oh, well, it's Tuesday, so I'll have a sandwich." Special occasions are limited to events such as Holidays, Birthdays, Opening Night Galas, and things of that nature. Of course, if the world is falling apart, a slice of bread or a spoonful of peanut butter is probably acceptable.

Working out has definitely boosted my morale (though today, fitting in a work out may be difficult). I leave the gym feeling great, proactive, and pretty good about myself. My body is falling back into the routine of exercising daily (or, as close to daily as possible), and I've started taking longer routes to classes to burn some extra calories. Once the weather is nicer, some outdoor activities (such as tennis with my roommate) will prove to be fun means of physical activity. Things are on the ups. Despite the stress I am feeling right now as the result of some silly social drama, I am proud of myself for not dealing with it with a pint of ice cream. I'm starting to feel better about myself and though the weight loss has been slow and steady up until this point, I can't help but get excited as my jeans start to fit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment